Letters from the Public · Uncategorized

Kody Cook, another young Nova Scotian lost to RX drugs

On June 24, 2014, my youngest son, Kody Cook, died from an accidental overdose of methadone and clonazepam. Kody was just 20 years old.

Kody 1

Kody left behind family and many friends. Our lives have been shattered by this loss. Kody had an unforgettable smile and a great sense of humor. He was a loving, kind, honest, loyal, hard working, respectful young man. We miss him dearly.

Kody allegedly received these prescription drugs from a coworker. It was the first time he had taken methadone. It was a fatal choice.

Kody was a good person that made a bad decision and it cost him his life. My reason for sharing Kody’s story is to create awareness, bring changes, and promote accountability.

Sincerely,

Wendy Golden

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Kody Cook, another young Nova Scotian lost to RX drugs

    1. Hopefully this will lead to charges against the man who sold him these fatal drugs. I don’t know how he can sleep at night .. obviously no conscience.
      Doris Popert.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s