PUBLIC MEETING – Everyone is welcome
Our Young People are Dying from Prescription Drug Abuse
Date: May 26, 2012
Time: 1 PM to 3 PM
Place: Bedford Lion’s Den, Lebrun Centre, 36 Holland Avenue, Bedford, NS B4A 1E5
PARENTS – FAMILY MEMBERS– STUDENTS – CONCERNED CITIZENS – EDUCATORS – HEALTH PROFESSIONALS – JUSTICE PROFESSIONALS – POLITICIANS
The speakers may include local and provincial politicians, as well as the following:
- Amy Graves
- Cheryl Jones Veinotte
- John Munro
WHAT ARE THE FACTS?
In May of last year a report was published entitled “Drug related overdoses in the Annapolis Valley”. http://www.gov.ns.ca/health/Drug-related-overdose-DrGould-report.pdf
In the four years from 2007 to 2010 there appears to have been at least 13 deaths related to prescription drugs in the Annapolis Valley.
Since the population of HRM is four to five times the size of the valley, is it possible that (in the same four years) the number of deaths in HRM could be as high as 65. These are primarily our young people. Does this concern you?
· Hear how prescription drug abuse has affected the lives of others.
· Talk about how this problem has affected your life.
· Discuss what action needs to be taken to prevent more unnecessary deaths.
· Learn how you can protect your children.
· Help shine a light on this critical issue.
For more information about the meeting contact: