Amy Graves discusses why GPDOTS is attending the FED UP Rally in DC – Sheldon MacLeod Show – News957Posted: October 2, 2015 in Radio Interviews
Tags: addiction, canada, FEDUP rally, gpdots, news 957, nova scotia, opioids, overdose, Washington DC
Tags: addiction, canada, Fed Up Rally, FEDUP, gpdots, opioids, overdose, Washington DC
Thanks to the generous donation from the Corey Zwicker Memorial Washer Toss, GPDOTS will be a proud sponsor of the FED UP Rally in Washington DC. GPDOTS will have a table at the event to educate fellow advocates and the public on what initiatives GPDOTS has been working on in Canada and how they can help. We are happy to support our friends south of the border in their quest to end to the epidemic of addiction and overdose deaths attributed to opioids (including heroin) and other prescription drugs.
The Fed Up! Coalition calls on the federal government to take the following actions:
1. Take all measures necessary to ensure that opioids and other controlled drugs are prescribed more cautiously.
2. FDA should prohibit marketing of opioids for conditions where risks outweigh benefits (as required by the FD&C Act) and should cease the practice of approving new controlled drugs without an advisory committee review and recommendation.
3. Immediately reduce barriers to buprenorphine treatment.
4. Allocate significantly more funding for addiction treatment, especially in communities hit hardest by the epidemic.
5. Ensure that public and private health insurance carriers and the Veterans Health Administration provide adequate coverage for evidence-based addiction treatment.
6. Improve access to naloxone use and improve legal protection for individuals who administer it and/or call 911.
7. Incentivize states to make prescriber use of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) mandatory. These commonsense interventions could save countless lives and help bring this epidemic under control.
Amy Graves discusses the recent RCMP investigation related to the overdose death of Michael Thompson on the Sheldon McLeod Show – News957Posted: September 25, 2015 in Radio Interviews
Tags: addiction, amy graves, detox, fentanyl, gpdots, Hantsport, hydromorphone, investigation, lorazepam, Michael Thompson, nova scotia, overdose, prescription drugs, rcmp, ReChem, Tom Thompson
Tags: gpdots, nova scotia, opioids, overdose deaths, prescription drugs, rcmp, Tamara Ballard, trafficking
Tags: cbc, hydromorphone, Leah Bordage, nova scotia, rcmp, Ryan Good, trafficking, Trine Lise Good
Amy Graves from GPDOTS discusses fentanyl & naloxone on the Sheldon Macleod & Rick Howe Show – News 957Posted: August 12, 2015 in Radio Interviews
Tags: addiction, amy graves, canada, fentanyl, Naloxone, news957, nova scotia, opioids, overdose, rcmp, rick howe, sheldon macleod
The Rick Howe Show
The Sheldon Macleod Show
Tags: addiction, canada, fentanyl, gpdots, halifax, nova scotia, opioids, overdose, prescription drugs, rcmp
Tags: addiction, advocacy, Corey Zwicker, fundraiser, gpdots, Kim Zwicker, nova scotia, opioids, overdose, prescription drugs, Sarah Leopold, washer toss
The 3rd Annual Corey Zwicker Memorial Washer Toss took place on July 18th 2015 and raised $1000 for GPDOTS advocacy! Family and friends played in the washer toss tournament, then partied into the evening with DJ Darren Doucette. The perfect day finished off with Corey Zwicker’s memorial fireworks.
GPDOTS would like to thank Corey Zwickers family and friends for coming together to raise funds for our organization. Your generosity is deeply appreciated and your donation will be used to further our efforts to create awareness, education, and accountability in regards to prescription drug use. Special thanks to Sarah Leopold and Kim Zwicker for organizing this wonderful event!
Amy Graves discusses current events related to Rx drug use, addiction, and the pharmaceutical industry – Sheldon Macleod Show – News957Posted: July 10, 2015 in Radio Interviews
Tags: addiction, amy graves, big pharma, canada, conflict of interest, evolve, federal government, gpdots, nova scotia, opioids, overdose, oxycontin, prescription drugs, purdue pharma, regulation, tamper resistance
Tags: addiction, canada, death, gpdots, marketing, minister of health, opioids, overdose, prescription drugs, purdue pharma, regulation, Rona Ambrose
On June 21st, 2015 GPDOTS board of directors wrote our Federal and Provincial Ministers of Health a letter of concern regarding pharmaceutical marketing and their conflicts of interest in Canada.
We encourage the public to share our letter and contact your Federal and Provincial Ministers of Health to let them know you have read GPDOTS letter of concern and support it. Please assist us in promoting accountability to prevent further addiction, overdose, and deaths.